So many people who are diagnosed with a serious illness struggle with the financial hardships associated with medical expenses and travel for treatments. Thankfully, I found this list through the Melanoma Research Foundations forum board. It's a list that I can not take credit for, but it has been a help to us and to many I have forwarded it on too. I thought I'd post it here in hopes that it will help others.
- Southwest Arlines - Charitable Giving, free commercial airline ticket, 30 days notice - (214)792-1300
- Mercy Medical Airlift - Arranges free transportation on commercial airlines, 14 day notice - (888)675-1405
- Miracle Flight - Transportation on private aircrafts, 10 days notice (800)359-1711
- Corporate Angel - Transportation on private aircrafts, 7 days notice (800)328-1313 www.corpangelnetwork.org
- Continental Care Force - Transportation on private aircrafts, 2 wks notice (281)261-6626
- Midwest Airlines - Miracle Miles Program, free commercial tickets, 10 days notice (414)570-4118
- Northwest Airlines - Reduced fare coupon books for Clinical Trial Patients (800)328-1111
- Aircare Alliance - www.aircareall.org
- Angel Flight - Transportation on private aircrafts, (888) 4AN ANGEL www.angelflight.org or www.angelflighteast.org
Joe's House -Joe's House is a nonprofit organization providing a nation-wide online service that helps cancer patients and their families find lodging near treatment centers. (877) JOESHOU www.joeshouse.org
- www.cancercare.org - click on "I'm a cancer patient" or "I'm a loved one", then click on "Assistance", then click "Financial Assistance", then download the financial assistance form. (800)813-HOPE
- www.cancer.org - click on "In your area" and enter your zip code. This website has lots of information on help. (800)ACS-2345
- www.patientadvocate.org - this website provides effective mediation and arbitration services to patients to remove obstacles to healthcare including medical debt crisis, insurance access issues and employment issues for patients with chronic, debilitating and life-threatening illnesses.
- www.netwish.org - Netwish provides assistance, up to $500 for those who are able to demonstrate a financial need.
- www.modestneeds.org - provides help with bills.
- Hope Cancer Fund - Provides a one time financial assistance of $150 to families. (866)334HOPE
- www.vickiesangelwalk.org - provides financial assistance for people who can not pay bills due to loss of income.
- www.crossingthefinishline.org - helps families and loved ones by offering travel for a vacation. Must be diagnosed with Cancer, be between 24-50, and reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware.
- Co-Pay Relief - www.copays.org or (866)612-3861
- www.panfoundation.org - helps thousands of underinsured patients afford the copayments for their cancer or chronic disease medications.
- www.healthwellfoundation.org - non-profit organization established in 2003 that is committed to addressing the needs of individuals with insurance who cannot afford their copayments, coinsurance, and premiums for important medical treatments.
- beyondtherainbow.org/forms.html - provides financial assistance to qualified individuals who have suffered serious injury, illness or disability that has resulted in a hardship of a long term nature.